The City Health Office (CHO) has conducted an autopsy on the body of 3-year-old Kean Gabriel Agustin who died after he was allegedly beaten by his stepfather in Matina Pangi last week.
A team of experts headed by Dr. Danilo Ledesma, medico-legal of the Davao City Health Office, conducted the autopsy on Friday last week — just right after Mayor Inday visited the boy’s wake.
“We want to establish the real cause of death,” Mayor Inday said in a statement released by the Davao City Information Office (CIO). “We want to find other wounds and injuries.”
Reports said the boy was forced inside an empty sack by his 22-year-old stepfather, Sonny Boy Mendoza.
The suspect, who has been subjected to inquest proceedings, then placed the sack on top of the cabinet where it fell several times on the floor.
Police Investigation showed how the boy, in between sobs, begged for the suspect to stop and release him. While the suspect ignored this, the boy’s mother, Grace, also did nothing to help the child.
The results of the autopsy are yet to be released. CIO